Each month we showcase a handful of candidates who are looking for a new permanent job. Outlined below are “self-written” profiles which gives you a little more insight into the person behind a CV.
Clerical/Administration/Finance Work – Part-time preferably within a 10 mile
radius of Wellingborough & Rushden
Honest, Reliable, Hardworking, Professional, Cheerful and fFexible
What is Jo Eastland looking for?
- Honesty and Integrity
- Pleasant working environment
- Positive attitude
- Open communication
What’s important to Jo Eastland?
- Family values
- A sense of humour.
Jo Eastland ‘s Interests:
Lets Get This Done
Head of Finance/Financial Controller/Finance Director
What is Lets Get This Done looking for?
I am Seeking an opportunity to consolidate my strong academic qualifications and sound professional capabilities within any stable organisation. Essentially, a role with responsibilities to match my energy and enthusiasm. I now seek a fresh challenge, to enable me to fulfil my career goals and build upon the highly relevant skills I have already amassed.
What’s important to Lets Get This Done?
- Over the years, my professional qualifications, experience and status has imbibed in me sound accountancy skills, commercial acumen, attention to details and probity. I take pride in my professional approach and I am ethically bound to maintain a high sense of integrity, accountability and transparency.
- I believe good communication skills are very important for an accountant. I am very expressive, concise, succinct and professional in my approach. I ensure my thought processes and decision-making processes are well informed; I am sensitive to people’s need and view point. I have brilliant interpersonal, team working, networking and management of staff skills. I am also a people person, and I strongly believe in participation and consultation.
- I have brilliant negotiation, planning, performance and project management skills.
Lets Get This Done’s Interests:
- Listening to RMB music
- Watching action films
- Travelling to mountain areas
Organised, Caring, Fun & A Bit Bonkers
What is Cherry Blossom looking for?
Ideally a position with an SME where I can work with a team, improve systems and get good financial information that’s useful. Friendly, flexible, fun environment.
What’s important to Cherry Blossom?
- Not too much of a commute (max. 25-30 miles). Don’t mind travel for work though.
- Flexible working or an opportunity to work at home would be good.
- To be appreciated!
- Ability to implement changes.
Cherry Blossom‘s Interests:
- Family (No. 1)
- Films / Cinema
- My Village
- Visiting Historical Places
In The Here And Now
Assistant Accountant / Assistant Management Accountant
Determined, Thorough, Methodical, Positive, Team-member, Flexible
What is In The Here And Now looking for?
A small company with a family/friendly feel to it where the accounts department is closely linked to the whole company giving me real connection to the company’s ethos, products, customers & supply chain as well as colleagues in other parts of the business. A supportive manager who is happy to assist me making this step forward would be ideal.
What’s important to In The Here And Now?
It’s important to me to find a role that will help me make the transition from a broad accountancy experience in a very small business to a slightly larger business as well as incorporating the additional skill that I am currently studying (CIMA Certificate).
In The Here And Now’s Interests:
- Quiet weekends at home with my partner and our crazy dogs.
- The British Countryside and being outdoors as much as possibly.
- A Healthy Lifestyle including running, cycling and supporting my partners mountain bike racing.
- Renovating our house in to a home.
Finance Director / Head of Finance
Commercial, Analytical, Logical, Relaxed, Astute, Personable
What is Chestnut looking for?
I am looking for a small to mid-sized company that has growth ambitions which requires an experienced finance professional to provide strategic support to achieve this.
The culture of the company is very important to me, I enjoy working in companies that work hard to achieve their goals but also enjoy themselves in getting there and operate in a relaxed environment.
What’s important to Chestnut?
- Family and friends.
- Making sure I have tried my best in whatever I have done.
- Being someone who is friendly, approachable and is always willing to help and support others.
- Making sure I have a good work and life balance.
- Lowering my golf handicap!
- Sport – particularly football, golf and American Football.
- Music – 80s-90s hip hop particularly
Account Manager – Commercial /Senior Administration Assistant
Friendly, Flexible,Team Player, Supportive, Healthy, Approachable
What is Family Friendly looking for?
- Flexible working or the ability to work at home / early finish on a Friday (even if only an hour)
- To be appreciated and treat people properly / fairly, I do believe that you should treat others as you wish to be treated yourself
- Friendly with a flexible attitude, within a fun environment
What’s important to Family Friendly?
- Daily commute up to 20 miles however, I don’t mind travelling to other sites or customers for work. I enjoy visiting clients and putting a face to a name
- Making sure I have a good work life balance
- Being approachable and always willing to help and support others
Family Friendly’s Interests:
- Exercising and just being healthy
- Family and Friends (especially my grandchildren)
- Travel and visiting new place around the UK
Charity Finance Expert
Interim / Part Time Finance Director
Experienced, Charity FD, Likes a Challenge
What is Charity Finance Expert looking for?
- Not for profit organisation.
- In need of help to build.
- A sustainable future.
- Part time hours to fit in with my portfolio career (I can they flexible of you are)
What’s important to Charity Finance Expert?
- Ethical Values
- In need of better strategy
- Willing to change in order to grow
Charity Finance Expert’s Interests:
Sport – I coach rowing, cycle slowly + enjoy watching rugby
Calm, Happy, Dependable, Intelligent, Sympathetic, Tolerant
What is Starlight looking for?
Somewhere I can be part of a team and grow and develop.
What’s important to Starlight?
To treat people properly and fairly as you would expect to be treated.
- Singing (choir)
- Reading Science Fantasy
- Cooking creating something from nothing which I probably can’t recreate!
Company Accountant / Finance Manager within SME
Conscientious, Honest, Reliable, Thorough, Task focused
What is Mr Dependable looking for?
- Profitable and financially stable business which invests in staff, systems and resources.
- Striving for steady growth and progression.
- Structured and established business processes.
- A calm, even-paced working environment. Infrequent surprises!
- Professional yet informal business culture.
- Ethically and morally compliant with technical and tax regulations.
What’s important to Mr Dependable?
- A well-established role with clearly defined task focused responsibilities.
- Clarity of purpose, authority and responsibilities.
- Openness, honesty and integrity.
- A sense of achievement and satisfaction from completing regular finance tasks, maintaining accurate and up-to-date financial records, in support of a company Senior Management Team.
Mr Dependable’s Interests:
Cycling and Motorsport
Hardworking, Loyal, Vivacious, Caring, Funny, Selfless
What is Juliet looking for?
- Rewards and appreciates hard work
- Being a person not a number
- Challenging role
What’s important to Juliet?
- Work life balance – You get out what you put in
- Work hard, play hard
- Being recognised for hard work
- Going above and beyond what is expected
- Discovering new places
- Small batch distilleries /breweries
- Animal welfare
- Being around people who want to be around me (socialising)
Billing Supervisor, Team Leader
Outgoing, Friendly, Passionate, Empathetic, Creative
What is Sam looking for?
Somewhere that I can progress, a company that shows loyalty to its employees and invests in them. A company that will help me progress within my career and that I can stay at for a long time.
What’s important to Sam?
- My family and friends.
- I am very passionate about cooking, having trained in Canada and London.
- Developing myself in my spare time.
- Renovating my 250 year old house.
- LGBT rugby
- Exploring ex-soviet bunkers in the Eastern Block
- Shamefully, trashy reality TV
Finance Director position with commercial involvement in SME or division of larger business.
Reliable FD with change & International experience
What is Financial Conscience looking for?
- Progressive business with growth opportunity
- Friendly staff with a culture of respect and commitment
- Located within 25 miles of Northampton
- Inspirational MD with clear strategy for growth
- Ideally with International trade
What’s important to Financial Conscience?
- Position with challenge and ideally an element of change
- More than just the Finance elements, with operational involvement
- Clear outline of expectations and ability to progress and develop
- Responsible position
Financial Conscience’s Interests:
Reliable, Flexible, Honest, Hardworking, Generous, Approachable
What is Frances looking for?
- Friendly and welcoming
- Job security, approachable managers
- Good training and development
- Forward thinking
What’s important to Frances?
- My family and my foster children, making sure they are all ok and doing well.
- Spending precious time with my granddaughter
- Travelling, reading.
- I am a foster career to age 16+, so when I am not working a lot of my time is spent supporting them.
SME FD/Divisional FD/FC/Head of Finance
Organised, Personable, Curious, Team-player, Dependable
What is James looking for?
Long-term vision that I can buy into and an open & honest culture with colleagues easy to get on with as I prefer collaboration to confrontation.
What’s important to James?
- Work/life balance.
- Team-working across the whole organisation pulling in one direction.
- Variety with a good balance of routine & structured versus ad hoc & strategic.
- Away from work my main interests are sport, music, film, art and travelling.
- I am treasurer of my cricket club (and now only a part-time player). I keep fit through cycling and going to the gym.
- I play the piano, guitar and drums at home for my own amusement.
- I also support my children’s numerous sporting and musical activities as a taxi-driver and assistant coach.
- Travelling is an important part of our family life. I speak French fluently and I enjoy visiting family and friends in France at every opportunity. We have travelled widely across Europe as a family and taken holiday’s further afield to Australia and the USA in recent years.
Ledger Lover Extraordinaire
Management Accountant / Finance Manager
Capable, Reliable, Honest, Hardworking, Optimistic
What is Ledger Lover Extraordinaire looking for?
- To be part of a successful team
- Mutual respect in an engaging role as part of a successful company
- A positive work environment
What’s important to Ledger Lover Extraordinaire?
- Making a difference
- Being Listened to
- Being part of a team/resolving imbalances
- Feeling valued
- Reaching a successful outcome
Ledger Lover Extraordinaire’s Interests:
- Touring new places
To protect candidates’ identities, they have selected an alias of their choice.
Any CV requests will be discussed with the candidate prior to sending it to you.