Our client, a Northampton based, well respected organisation is looking to recruit an experienced VAT Manager to work within their central finance function and further develop their career. Our client recognises that staff are key to operating a successful business and as such they offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package.
- Managing and reviewing the quarterly VAT compliance process of the UK Firm, to include the VAT return, partial exemption calculation and EU sales lists
- Work with the wider finance teams to continuously review our VAT processes and system design to ensure that we are compliant with new legislation and working as efficiently as possible
- Actively keep up to date with VAT legislation change and own the responsibility of ensuring that the finance team and wider business teams are kept abreast of the changes
- Ensuring that we are ready for Making Tax Digital
- Provide advice to the finance team and the wider business teams on the correct tax codes and treatments for routine sales and purchase tax invoices
- Act as the decision maker on the VAT treatment of new client contracts
- Regularly audit the firm’s risk areas particularly tax codes applied to sales transactions
- Act as the VAT subject matter expert on all adhoc business transactions that the firm enters into, to include group structure changes and property transactions
- Build good relationships across all central functions to be sure that you are kept well informed of any new service line offerings and business transactions
- Build relations with HMRC and be the firm’s primary contact for all VAT related matters
Key Skills Required:
The ideal candidate will have at least five years experience of working as a VAT subject matter expert, with a diverse background and be used to advising on property matters and business transactions as well as being able to deal with routine compliance. Be focused on self-development and team development. ACCA/ACA/CTA qualified is desirable.
Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
The role is based in Northampton but within commutable distance of Milton Keynes, Bedford, Wellingborough, Rushden, Kettering and Rugby.
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.