£excellent (depending on experience) – based in Northampton
An exciting opportunity for an individual already working in tax to join our clients growing firm of chartered accountants, assisting in providing tax planning and advisory services across personal and corporate tax.
The practice has a substantial and growing client base of sole traders, partnerships, OMB Ltd companies and larger businesses, directors and HNWI’s.
You will play an important role working closely with the Tax Manager, assisting in delivering a wide range of planning and tax advisory projects. You will provide tax support across the practice in developing areas of tax and will support our tax compliance staff where necessary. The role will predominantly be advisory or ad hoc queries though there may be some element of general compliance work.
Key Qualities include:
- Able to demonstrate a high standard of written and verbal communication
- Efficient research skills
- Computer literacy, with the ability to adapt to new systems
- Attention to detail and the ability to complete work to a high professional standard
- Initiative, professionalism and confidence
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- The ability to work as part of a team;
- The position will be predominantly based at our Northampton office though you may be required to work at our other offices from time to time.
You will be at least ATT (or equivalent) qualified and either studying for the CTA qualification or are newly CTA qualified. However, consideration will be given if ACA/ACCA qualified and have experience of working within a tax role.
Some experience of undertaking tax advisory work would be preferable.
(Pay – dependent on experience and level of study support required)
- Open plan office
- Small friendly team that works closely together
- Holiday entitlement – 20 days + 1 extra at Christmas + bank holidays
- Holiday bonus scheme – gain an extra day if 4 taken between February and May
- Staff bonus scheme
- Full time position (but would consider part-time no less than equivalent of 3 days a week)