Regional Facilities – Project Manager
£32,000 – £40,000 pa (dependant on experience) – Based in Northampton
Facilities Manager will be responsible for office locations across the EMEA region. The role will be based in our client’s headquarters located in Northampton, UK. The role involves the facility management of sites in the UK & other countries. The post holder will be responsible for management of property owner and vendor relationships on both regional and national levels. The candidate will assume responsibility for facility management at any locations resulting from mergers or acquisitions and will be expected to integrate those into the company standard policies and procedures, consolidate vendors, and identify and address any needs or deficiencies.
- Maintain the professional public image and aesthetically pleasing appearance of EMEA client locations.
- Develop, implement and manage Facility Management policies and procedures
- Manage and work indirectly with local contacts as needed in each client location
- Manage facilities vendors and systems including, but not limited to, Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning (HVAC), electrical, lighting, fire prevention systems, sanitation, plumbing, water, gas, building automation, access control, CCTV, furniture, shipping, audio/visual technology, and janitorial.
- In a build out situation, work closely with Director, Global Real Estate and designated specialists to facilitate the installation hardware and removal when an office is de-commissioned at the end of the lease.
- Oversee dilapidations at end of lease ensuring that the obligations of the lease are met in a cost-effective way.
- Establish and ensure compliance with routine preventative maintenance and inspection schedules.
- Act proactively to identify any opportunity to operate client’s facilities in a more efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Oversee use of purchasing tools and compliance with company purchasing policies and procedures. May also assist with management of procurement processes beyond normal Facility Management vendors.
- Lease management
- Oversee subtenant relationship for any client facilities currently sublet to other parties
- Ensure that client’s offices are in compliance with any licensing, regulatory, or safety requirements
- Manage any facility openings, closures, consolidations, or relocations.
- Travel as needed to visit existing and future client’s locations
- Establish relationships with business leaders in all locations in order to understand and address current and future needs.
- Work with HR to understand on-boarding and off-boarding needs for client’s employees and contractors and develop processes to manage those efficiently
- Attend/participate in appropriate committee meetings
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience with facility management and/or maintenance within a multi-site organisation.
- Knowledge and experience with eProcurement technology
- Must have a valid passport and be willing to travel up to 40% of the time
- Prior experience with office buildouts, closures, and relocations
- Must be “hands-on” and assist in routine office support tasks
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledgeable of the principles of building construction and the operation and use of HVAC, electrical, and lighting systems in corporate office environments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Understanding of typical components of commercial office space lease structures
- Has working knowledge of building regulations in the various countries where our client has its offices.
- Has a sound understanding of the legalities of lease management and the variations that exist in different countries across Europe.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Financially oriented with a solid knowledge of business financial concepts.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Must have strong written and oral communications skills and the ability to create effective documentation.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language recognising that English may not be the spoken by suppliers, landlords or their agents.
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Established organisational abilities.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment and is able to influence employees of Building Contractors and other providers who may be involved in office build outs to achieve required results.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality with respect to information concerning unannounced acquisitions and personnel discussions.
Debbie Burbage Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.