Report to Finance Director
To provide specialist payroll support and be responsible for processing all 8 payrolls across Europe, which in total pays 100 Employees.
You will need to be self-motivated and have the ability to work autonomously to agreed deadlines. Attention to detail is highly important and a structured methodical approach is necessary.
Successful candidates must have the maturity and ability to work on their own initiative in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality of work and effective working relationships with both internal employees and external providers.
- Processes employee data including new hires and additional earnings and bonuses.
- Processes employee time and attendance data. Audits and reconciles a wide range of personnel actions and payroll documents.
- Keep up to date with payroll and tax laws and ensure that management is kept abreast of any changes or updates.
- Manage payroll distribution, direct deposit and retro-expenditure transfers. Sets up and reconciles voluntary payroll deductions. Process taxes and payment of employee benefits and ensure that they are properly posted to separate accounts.
- Process garnishments including child supports, tax levies, loans and completes forms for special wage or salary pay outs.
- Prepare pay orders and checks through designated electronic systems and distribute checks to new employees.
- Prepares monthly journal entries and back reconciliations and maintain records and files concerning company payroll.
- Completes accurate and timely processing of employee payroll. Processes accurate employee pay and ensure that any additional payments or deductions are calculated and posted in time.
- Identifies and highlight payroll or accounting discrepancies and ensure that they are resolved in a prompt manner.
- Research and resolve payroll-related issues and discrepancies so that they do not have a negative effect on calculations.
Requirements for the role:
- Previous payroll experience is essential
- Fluency in English required, additional European languages are preferred (beneficial languages include, but not limited to, French, Spanish, German, Swedish)
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong communication skills are essential
- Ability to operate on own initiative
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.