Our Northampton based client has a need for an experienced Payroll Manager to join their team and take responsibility for the day-to-day payroll function, which provides payroll services to their clients.
You will report to the Senior Payroll Manager, duties will include:
- Supervision of and efficient and effective processing of weekly and monthly payrolls for client businesses of varying size.
- Supervision of staff including identification of efficiencies within the department and keeping error levels low
- Dealing with routine and ad hoc enquiries in relation to payroll related matters both directly with clients and indirectly with other members of staff
- Managing own workload and team to ensure all payroll related deadlines are met
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation and providing updates to clients and staff
- Payroll assistance via telephone and email to clients processing their own payroll
- Supporting and assisting head of team where required
- Process P11ds
- Assist with monthly/quarterly billing as and when required
To be successful in this role you will have the following areas of experience:
- Payroll preparation including complex payrolls
- Reviewing payrolls prepared by others
- Sound knowledge of Sage payroll systems, Xero, Quickbooks, Free Agent and basic tools software knowledge together with excel knowledge
- Experience and knowledge of using other electronic payroll preparation systems
- Strong knowledge of Auto Enrolment, RTI, statutory payments, pension schemes, Apprentice Levy, holiday calculation, NMW parameters and Furlough together with keeping up to date current legislation
- Supervising a small team of payroll assistants
- P11d knowledge
- Tax year end
The successful candidate will be a team player with good communication skills both written and oral, with the ability to manually calculate PAYE, NICs and pension contributions and explain calculations to clients and colleagues. They will confidently discuss all payroll queries, auto enrolment compliance and current legislation with clients and management. Have Strong organisational skills including, pioritisation and delegation skills, customer focused on excellent service delivery. Be methodical and good eye for detail, have the willingness to adapt as systems and procedures change. Bureau experience preferred but not essential, with sound HR knowledge desired.
- Salary: Our client offer a competitive and negotiable salary, depending on experience
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30pm. A Flexi-Time arrangement is operated subject to core hours and client commitments
- Annual Leave: 25 days plus statutory holidays per year
- Pension Scheme: Auto-enrolment into the company pension scheme for eligible employees is offered.
The role is based in a Northampton and within commutable distance of Daventry, Kettering, Wellingborough, Corby, Rushden, Irthlingborough, Milton Keynes and Towcester.
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.