We are working with a Northampton based business who require a Payroll Manager to oversee their payroll department, comprising of 3 team members. There is a mix of weekly and monthly payrolls over a number of their sites.
If you are looking to work within a professional yet friendly business and have solid payroll and supervisory experience, this could be the perfect move for you.
The role involves:
- Supervision of the processing of weekly and monthly payrolls
- Staff management and development
- Taking responsibly for and setting up pensions in line with auto enrolment
- Resolving payroll queries
- Continual process review and improvement
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in payroll administration with the ability to carry out all the functions necessary to process the computerised payroll including:
- Complex payroll preparation
- Reviewing payrolls prepared by the team
- Working knowledge of Sage payroll system
- Ability to manually calculate PAYE, NICs and pension contributions and explain calculations to colleagues
- Strong knowledge of Auto Enrolment, RTI, statutory payments, pension schemes and current legislation
- Team player with good communication skills both written and oral
- Strong organisational skills including prioritisation and delegation skills
- Methodical and good eye for detail
- Willingness to adapt as systems and procedures change
- Proactive thinker
- Payroll qualifications preferred but not essential
The role is based in Northampton but within commutable distance of Daventry, Wellingborough, Rushden, Kettering and Milton Keynes.