Competitive Salary – dependant on experience They also operate a bonus scheme based on the branches overall team performance.
Working hours, Saturday (9 – 5pm), Sunday (10 – 4pm) and Wednesdays (9 – 5pm) with occasional half day shifts, flexibility is required.
Our client is an established family business, customer service is at the heart of what they do and they are now looking for a new member to join their team based in Towcester, Northamptonshire.
Choosing carpets and flooring can often be a confusing experience, their aim is to make this journey an enjoyable, stress free and memorable one. You’ll be working in store with their existing sales team and serving customers, so exceptional customer service is a must.
- Add fresh drive and enthusiasm to our existing sales team who are committed to taking the business to the next level
- Meet and greet customers, listen to their needs and offer help and advice
- Understand customers’ requirements and guide them towards successful completion of the sale
- Seek further opportunities to grow sales and explore options available
- Update internal systems with the customers details, attention to detail is essential
- Arrange times and dates for an estimate to take place, if required
- Follow up on all open enquiries in a prompt timescale, updating the system as appropriate
- Ensure payment is taken before any installation takes place and enter the payment details on the system
- Work with the admin support team and ensure the customers job is progressing along as expected
- Responsibility for being a key holder, opening and closing the store required at times
Person profile / skills required:
- This is a front facing role, so retail sales experience is absolutely essential
- They are looking for someone who believes that the service we give to customers is every bit as important as the product we are selling to them
- You will need to be IT literate with an ability to use computer systems confidently
- A proven track record of hitting sales targets in a retail environment
- You will need to be confident and accurate when dealing with calculations and numbers, particularly when under pressure in front of customers
- A team player who works well with others, we have a ‘roll up your sleeves’ ethos at all levels in the business
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment with continual change
- A ‘Right First Time’ approach to everything you do
- Highly organised and composed, you may be dealing with multiple customers at a time
- Carpet and flooring experience would be advantageous, but not essential as training will be provided