£Excellent pro rata salary
Reporting to: Managing Director
Working Hours: The role would require 3 days per week (flexibility on hours)
Overview of the role: The successful candidate will work alongside the financial controller and be responsible for; overseeing the production of the monthly management accounts and reports for both internal and external stakeholders, integrating finance procedures of acquired businesses, statutory accounting process, facilitating the R&D tax credits process and overseeing the implementation of a new IT system.
The role will also support the Managing Director on day to day matters and report directly to the Board.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monthly management accounts, KPI reporting and accompanying commentary
- Reporting – forward planning – forecasts, analysis, risks and opportunities
- Responsibility after acquisitions to integrate the finance and IT functions
- Be responsible for supporting external tax advisers in the compilation of the R&D tax credits claim
- Prepare the annual accounts and supporting schedules in liaison with external accountants and act as the main point of contact for all queries
- Reviewing the current back-office infrastructure and systems, making recommendations on improvements and subsequently implementing any approved decisions.
- Support the Board in evaluating and executing further acquisitions
- Assist the board with Ad hoc projects
- Undertake any other tasks or duties reasonably requested
Person Specification: We are looking for a Finance Manager with experience of developing and managing monthly reports and accounts and who is capable of working with external advisers on the production of stat accounts, R&D tax claims, IT implementation and other ad hoc projects.
The successful candidate will be commercially astute and have proven experience working as a leader of an SME accounts team including the implementation of financial and KPI reporting metrics.
You will be a qualified Management Accountant, with preferably supervisory post qualification experience.
The candidate is required to have natural ability to balance multiple tasks in pursuit of the company’s financial objectives. You will have strong communication and people management skills as well as possess a natural ability to develop positive relationships with the stakeholders in the business. Strong analytical and IT experience is essential.
- £Excellent pro rata salary
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays (pro-rated)
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.