We are working with a local business looking to recruit a Management Accountant to join the team in this newly created role to support the Head of Finance with preparation of management accounts, whilst also taking responsibility for some aspects of financial accounting. The candidate will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles, have extensive management accounts preparation experience and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Advanced excel skills are essential for this role, systems upgrade/implementation experience would be advantageous.
The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the finance department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Preparing the management accounts of specific entities
- Extensive reconciliations as appropriate from KPI reporting tools to underlying financial data
- Take responsibility for treasury and cash management
- Statutory reporting including year-end accounts, corporate tax (in conjunction with the auditors) and VAT returns
- Taking responsibility for and process monthly salaries utilising Sage Payroll
- Completing and submitting P11D’s annually
- Management of the Pension scheme
- Ad hoc projects
Salary offered will be negotiable dependant on experience
The role is based in Milton Keynes but within commutable distance of Brackley, Buckingham, Towcester and Northampton