Working hours 8:00am to 5:00pm (Monday to Friday).
Our client is a small independent business, who is looking for someone to work in a small finance department. A person who is happy to roll their sleeves up and get stuck in, an individual who is good at working at all levels.
This is a varied and busy role which would suit someone who likes to be involved in all aspects of Finance.
The position has responsibility for daily Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger tasks as well as exposure to month end tasks and preparation and as such requires someone who has a hands-on approach and likes to be involved in the detail.
This role would suit someone who is highly organised, not easily flustered and able to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Comprehensive month end preparation and analysis
- Journal posting and set up
- Ownership of accruals and prepayments routines and schedules
- Accurate departmental overhead analysis reporting
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts for management review to tight deadlines
- Various month end reporting requirements including Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Analysis and submission of quarterly VAT return
- Cash flow forecasting and historical reporting
- Assistance with year-end preparations
- Daily Flash reporting to the board and branch managers
- Review and analysis of daily sales and margin figures
- Daily bank reconciliations and proactive account maintenance
- Posting of cash sent directly into the business bank accounts
- Responsible for all aspects of managing the Sales Ledger and Purchase Ledger
- Management of two Accounts Assistants