Our client a dynamic, successful, and ever-changing business is looking for a qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA accountant to join their senior management team and take responsibility for the day to day running of the finance department. Reporting to the UK Finance Director you will manage a competent, established team and have a hands-on approach.
- Preparation of the final management accounts for group companies in conjunction with the management accounts team.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly
- Co-ordination of the month end P & L and BS for review with the FD
- Supporting the Finance Manager responsible for the transactional team, ensuring all reporting and financial information is provided with the month end timetable
- Provide support to the Commercial and Operational teams
- Provide financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets, and business drivers
- Administration of monthly salaries and pensions
- Submit monthly Intrastat report/EC Sales report and Quarterly VAT returns
- Assist the FD with longer term strategic and short-term business plans
- Assist with year-end accounts and liaison with auditors
- The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a management capacity within a busy finance department, have excellent communication and staff management skills.
- Advanced Excel skills are critical to this role as is strong systems literacy.
- You will take a pragmatic approach, be adaptable and demonstrate innovation and initiative to suggest new ideas or ways of working.
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.