Our client is looking for an experienced Team Leader to work in their Kettering office. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to progress and develop their career, with the responsibility of managing a small team.
- To manage a small team within the larger Financial Accounts department and liaise with senior managers on a regular basis to ensure consistencies between the smaller teams.
- To manage the performance of team members through setting objectives, monitoring and reviewing progress, and encouraging and supporting development in order to ensure that staff have the appropriate skill sets.
- To provide ongoing training, advice and support to Financial Accounts Assistants, ensuring your team’s tasks and deadlines (both internal and statutory) are met, and provide adequate resilience for client accounts when staff members are absent.
- To assist in ensuring efficient and accurate processing of all sales ledger, purchase ledger, bank, cash, VAT, payroll and expense transactions for clients, ensuring that regular and ad hoc journals are processed which will then enable the production of weekly and monthly reporting for client management as appropriate.
- To liaise with the Management Accounts team where appropriate with regards to client work and staff issues.
- To manage, develop and maintain a good relationship with clients and their external stakeholders in order help ensure client satisfaction and to help develop further business opportunities.
- To ensure client statutory accounts are filed in compliance with statutory deadlines
Key Skills Required:
- Studying towards accountancy qualifications; CIMA, ACA or ACCA or equivalent
- Wide experience of working in a finance or accounts environment
- Ability to lead, manage and support a small team
- Excellent communication and client service skills along with an ability to develop client relationships and manage a multi-client portfolio
- Excellent analytical skills with detail orientation and an ability to meet deadlines, solve problems and prioritise workloads
- Good knowledge of a variety of accounting software and Microsoft Office
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Study support for CIPS, CIMA, ACCA
- Pension Scheme
- Healthcare Insurance (including cash plan scheme)
- Free Car Parking
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.