The location of the position is Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire. Working hours 8am – 4:30pm or 8:30am – 5pm (Monday to Friday). 14 months maternity cover.
Our client is an established company who is looking for an experienced Financial Accountant who has strong technical skills and experience. You would report to the Head of Finance and work closely with the CFO and finance team.
- To prepare the PLC monthly & annual reporting with commentary including all disclosures
- Preparation of the monthly consolidation, including the consolidation of a US subsidiary
- Strong technical knowledge of IFRS, as you would support the wider finance team and the business
- Day to day management of the audit process
- Half yearly interim statements
- Preparation of all subsidiary statutory accounts and filing with Companies House
- Completing the UK tax returns, completing R&D and patent box tax claims
- Ensuring the correct treatment of VAT and completing the quarterly returns and EC sales reports
- Management of the asset register and process, ensuring the fixed asset note is completed
- Weekly reporting of the Group cash balances, ensuring funds are effectively put on deposit.
- Assisting on ad hoc project work
- Degree and ACA/ACCA qualified
- Ability to prepare statutory accounts under IFRS
- Experience of multi-currency consolidations
- Knowledge of NetSuite ideal
- Good understanding of IFRS 15 and 16
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong team player with an organised, methodical and proactive approach
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and produce accurate and meaningful financial data
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- 25 days + statutory bank holidays per year
- Life insurance
- Access to group Bupa membership scheme.
- Pension scheme
- Share Incentive Scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Christmas & summer company events
- Plus many more