We have the pleasure to be working with a charity which provides a fantastic service to the people of Bedfordshire. You will be joining the organisation at an exciting time, with plans to further grow their offerings by an additional £2 million over the next 5 years.
You will take responsibility for overseeing the accounting and reporting functions, including preparation of annual accounts along the auditors, monitoring of investments and fund manager performance. You will also monitor the payment of grants, measuring the impact and reporting to the Board of Trustees. Other duties include:
- Ensuring that accounting records are maintained for all members of the Group.
- Maintaining accounting systems and implementing new ones where necessary, to assure compliance with all regulations, including Making Tax Digital.
- Collection of rents and maintenance of a rent accounting system.
- Operating controls and performing regular reconciliations.
- Regular communication with the charity’s investment managers and ensuring that all investment transactions are recorded accurately in the group’s accounting records.
- Arranging investment of surplus funds.
- Liaising with applicants, agreeing conditions of grants including reporting of outcomes;
- Quarterly financial reporting to the Board of Trustees, including cash flow reporting.
- Updating plans for grants in future years and comparison with expected return from investments.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified, ACA, ACCA or CIMA Accountant and have held a similar post, who can work utilising their own initiative, prioritise workload and deadlines, with a flexible approach and the ability to interact with a diverse range or individuals and organisations.
- Salary: £45,000 – £55,000 Pro-rata
- Hours: 3 – 5 days per week
- Location: Luton
This position is based in Luton and within commutable distance of Milton Keynes, Houghton Regis, Dunstable, Berkhamsted, Bedford, Hitchin, Harpenden, Leighton Buzzard and Hemel Hempstead
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.