We are working with a dynamic organisation based in Northampton who have an immediate requirement for an experienced Finance Assistant. They are currently going through an exciting period of growth and are looking for a competent and hard-working individual to be part of their ongoing success.
This is not a run of the mill finance position. You will be based in their modern offices in Northampton and will need to be able to work independently and be comfortable with communicating with colleagues via skype/phone calls.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for the day to day accounting transactions for the company. Consistency, attention to detail and communication must be second nature to you.
This role will be evolving over time with the potential for the right candidate to take on more responsibility within the finance function if desired.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Purchase Ledger management including posting invoices, making bacs runs, posting payments and month end reconciliations as well as scanning invoices and filing documents
- Managing company credit card programme and employee expenses claims
- Sales Ledger Management including raising non-automated invoices and posting customer receipts daily
- Credit control and dealing with customer finance queries
- Cashbook management including reconciliations
- Weekly/fortnightly Banking of cheque receipts (at nearby location)
- Provide general support to the Financial Controller and assisting with ad hoc projects as required
- Potential for the right candidate to carry out more of the month end processes up to trial balance level
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role (would welcome book-keepers/MA’s from practice with good solid double entry knowledge looking to move into industry)
- Be an excellent communicator both verbally and written
- Methodical, well organised and have great attention to detail
- Have experience and be confident using Sage 200 and excellent excel skills
- Sound VAT knowledge including EU/International VAT
- AAT finalist/qualified or similar/QBE
- Experience with web-based finance systems and implementing new systems within the business
- Knowledge/experience of month end journals and/or production of MA’s up to TB level
- Holiday 25 days plus bank holidays increasing after 5 years’ service to a maximum of 30 days after 10 years
- Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (3 times annual salary)
- Professional Subscriptions paid annually (one accountancy body only)
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free onsite Parking
- A relaxed & friendly but professional environment with potential for some flexible working
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.