To design bespoke or update existing solutions and products by using 3D modelling (Inventor) and producing 2D drawings for manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use Inventor to produce 3D modelling for components and assemblies
- Use Inventor to produce 2D drawings for manufacturing and assembling products
- Produce 2D layouts using AutoCAD LT
- Prepare product manuals with technical details to be issued with the machines.
- Prepare relevant Engineering documentation e.g. a spares list or test report
- Carry out Engineering calculations.
- Ensure designs are compliant with all associated standards for e.g. ISO and H&S.
- Use Opera to produce a bill of materials (BOM).
- Develop new products through research.
- Liaise with Production to ensure that the design is fit for purpose.
- Working closely with Purchasing to ensure that parts are bought, delivered on time and to the required standard.
- Attend Customer sites when required
Qualifications/Education and Person Specification (E- Essential / D- Desirable)
- Experience in designing machines, sheet-metal and machined parts
- Experience of using AutoCAD (2D).
- Experience in a similar environment
- Experience of using Inventor or a similar package
- Ability to be able to carryout the relevant Engineering calculations
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to build internal relationships quickly with all levels
- Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- Can Do Attitude
- Attention to Detail
- Full Driving Licence
- Excellent organisational skills
Site visits, working away from home. Will need to be able to drop and pick up projects depending on changes in schedules and priorities.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- BUPA for self
- cash health plan