Our Northampton based client has a requirement for Credit Analyst to join the team and work within the European division.
Reporting to the Divisional Credit Manager, duties include:
- Undertaking the analysis, evaluation, and underwriting of proposed credit facilities for customers and prospects
- Assessing credit opportunities; identifying key risks, and structuring alternatives, working with relationship managers and credit officers
- Responsibility for preparing in-depth credit packages
- Making decisions on credit applications under the supervision of senior underwriters
- Utilising provided software to score credit applications
- Performing annual reviews
- Working with the credit administrator on policies and procedures to ensure quality, consistency, and compliance
- Providing support for business developers on new customers
- Responsibility for conducting research on borrowers and industries
- Taking ownership of the credit process, making decisions in the best interest of the customer and organization
- Providing support to account officers on customer calls as needed
- Completing annual reviews, modifications, extensions, renewals, and new credit limit requests for customers with minimal required changes from the credit approvers
- Analysing more complex credits with assistance from senior department staff
- Appling experience with comparable credits to recommend appropriate covenants, terms, and conditions, and structure for a credit request
- Identifying policy exceptions within a credit request
- Discussing risk ratings and the rationale for the determination of acceptable credits with the relationship managers (RM) and credit approvers.
- Report to the Risk Manager findings that may have an adverse effect on credit collateral or a borrower’s ability to repay the debt.
- Will be responsible for submitting required reports as necessary.
- Maintaining a good working knowledge of the Credit Policy and procedures and identify exceptions to policy.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years underwriting and analysis experience, the ability to remain calm in pressurised situations, can interpret, Balance Sheets, Income Statements, Cash Flow Statements, Financial Ratios, etc. Excellent Written and verbal communication is a must, along with excellent attention to detail and strong systems skills.
The role is based in Northampton, but within commutable distance of Corby, Kettering, Market Harborough, Milton Keynes, Daventry, Leicester, Towcester, Wellingborough and Rushden.
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.