Salary up to £22,000 pa
Working Hours: 9am to 5:30pm – Monday to Friday
Our client is an independently owned Motorcycle Insurance Broker based in Northamptonshire.
Established in 1975 they have grown into the UK’s Number One provider of motorcycle insurance, with over 300 people supplying technical expertise and an excellent customer experience for riders across the country.
As well as the best insurance deals in the market, they have the best team of people in the profession also offering scholarships and career development opportunities for all.
Reporting to the Claims Validation Team Manager, you will be a specialist interviewer determining whether an individual is telling the truth about their claim for damage to their vehicles in line with their insurance policy or whether they are being deceptive by the behaviour they exhibit and the language they use over the telephone.
You will be able to detect misrepresentation and fraud and ensure policy conditions have been adhered to. To enforce the application of underwriting decisions in relation to misrepresentation and fraud including repudiation, policy voidance and increased/amended terms.
Our objective is to provide a service to validate claims where those customers with genuine claims feel supported with a positive customer journey, while at the same time identifying potential ‘High Risk’ claims including fraud and indemnity risks posed by a claim.
Main duties will include:
- Manage claims under First Party cover
- Manage a personal diary of appointments for customer interviews
- Conduct interviews with policyholders regarding the circumstances surrounding the claim and adherence to policy terms, warranties and conditions
- Use cognitive interview techniques to identify misrepresentation and fraud
- Follow established claims validation steps by collecting customer documentation to support the claim
- Validate claims where policy requirements have been adhered to quickly and efficiently
- Work with off-shore colleagues to collect relevant evidence from clients, witnesses and other parties in support of claims validation
- Identify potentially fraudulent claims and take appropriate steps to investigate
- Pro-actively manage the expectations of the insured and provide effective communication
- Make decisions on claims that are misrepresented
- Confirm or Reject repudiations
- Provide accurate, clear and concise verbal communication to customers in relation to underwriting decisions arising from claims validation investigations
You will need to have:
- Previous experience of claims or fraud is essential – either from an insurance, financial, Police or similar
- A good telephone manner
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Good team player
- Provider of excellent customer services
- Highly organised and able to prioritise
- Have an ability to work under pressure and show attention to detail
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.