Our Northampton based distribution business has a need for an Accounts Assistant with solid experience of Purchase ledger and Sales Ledger to join their team. Working within a small friendly accounts team you will be required to work closely with the Sale Ledger and Purchase ledger members of the team.
The role would suit an individual who is organised and works using their own initiative. You should have good communications skills both with colleagues and suppliers and a good knowledge of Excel. You should have a proactive, problem-solving approach and be able to work as part of a team.
Main duties include:
- Accurate accounting of accruals and prepayments
- Statement reconciliations
- Raise purchase ledger queries to a satisfactory resolution
- Regular review of workflow accuracy and chasing of outstanding invoices
- Update and maintain cashbook and month end cashbook reconciliations
- Month End Intercompany statement reconciliations
- Create New Accounts & Credit checks through Equifax
- Reporting Debtors overdues
- Communicating status and follow up on Sales ledger related issues
You will need to have had relevant experience in accounts environment and be able to make a valued contribution to the current Ledger staff. It is essential that you have strong communication, be self-driven with strong IT skills including Microsoft Office and Excel. You need to be a team player willing to assist in the finance department as required.
Hours: 9am to 5pm
Holidays: 25 days holiday plus statutory days
Pension: % TBC
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
If you do not give your consent to Debbie Burbage Recruitment contacting you and processing your data in line with GDPR please do not apply.