We are working with a small friendly organisation based in Northampton town centre who are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant.
Hours 9 – 5.30 Monday to Friday with 1 hr lunch.
- Invoice delivery notes (record inv. no. on del note)
- Print online banking and input to sage (customer receipts/bank receipts/payments)
- Reconcile bank account
- Match, batch and input purchase invoices
- Shop Sales Journals – check receipts against journal and input onto Sage
- Complete Wage Journals using PAYE data, input onto Sage and file
- Run aged debtors check and chase overdue payments
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Reconcile and monitor petty cash account
- Complete VAT return
- Answer phone calls and take messages
- Complete worksheets for customers and book jobs in the diary
- Monitor/order stationary
- Open and send post/returns
- Bank cheques completing paying in slip
- Check/distribute/respond to emails
- Input data onto Excel progress reports
- Match completed worksheets with yellows and pass on for pricing. Record completion dates on Excel progress reports
- Invoice priced worksheets (record inv. no. on worksheet). Record invoice number on Excel progress reports
- Chase up missing customer order numbers
- Raise supplier order numbers
- File quotes/POC/FOC/purchase and customer invoices
- Ensure enough copies of forms available i.e. survey sheets/holiday forms/time sheets
- File customer remittances and supplier statements
The ideal candidate will be happy to work within a small organisation, have relevant experience, be a team player, with attention to detail and who has a conscientious and “can do” attitude.
Debbie Burbage Financial Recruitment is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. We are a member of the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.